Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
PRP, which stands for Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, is an effective, natural option for treating thinning hair. Thinning hair is a prevalent concern and frequent source of embarrassment among both men and women in the Greater Toronto Area; in fact, it is estimated that approximately 70% of men and 50% of women will struggle with hair loss at some point in their lives. Today, people are seeking natural, safe and effective hair loss solutions.
PRP For Thinning Hair
Thinning hair is attributed to a number of factors, such as hormonal changes, medications, genetics, stress, and medical conditions. Sometimes hair loss is considered to be inevitable, but it can have a devastating impact on an individual’s self-esteem due to the importance our society places on hair and the significant role hair plays in one’s identity. Luckily, thanks to developments in medical technology, treatment options for hair loss are now offered at MAC BEAUTY CENTER. PRP treatment for hair loss could transform the health of your scalp, the look and feel of your hair and your confidence
Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.
PRP is suitable for men and women who wish to treat male pattern hair loss or female pattern hair loss. Ideal candidates for Toronto PRP hair treatment are non-smokers with no history of drug or alcohol abuse. If you’re considering PRP therapy, it is important to ensure you are in good medical health before treatment. Those who have been diagnosed with platelet dysfunction syndromes, acute and chronic infections, liver disease, anti-coagulation therapy, cancer, metabolic or any blood disorders may not be suitable candidates and should speak with their primary physician.
PRP has been used safely and effectively for over twenty years and although PRP for hair growth is a relatively recent development, studies indicate that it is a safe and viable non-surgical treatment option for hair restoration. It is also an incredibly natural procedure because it utilizes the patient’s own blood cells. As such, there is no risk of infection or chance of immune system rejection. In addition, the natural approach means that the resulting hair growth blends seamlessly with the patient’s existing hair.*
This minimally invasive outpatient procedure can be completed in as little as 60 to 90 minutes and requires no downtime. Because the treatment doesn’t require sedation, you can resume normal day-to- day activities such as driving immediately following the procedure. You may return to work immediately after, though the area may be temporarily reddened and swollen. An even better reason to choose PRP hair restoration at MAC BEAUTY CENTER is that this non- surgical procedure does not cause scarring, so the source of your hair restoration will be undetectable.
Patients troubled with hair loss may wish to combine PRP therapy with other hair loss treatments such as Minoxidil or DHT (dihydrotestosterone) blockers. While it is an excellent option for individuals who do not wish to undergo surgery, PRP may also be effective when used post-operatively, as it stimulates the growth of newly implanted hair follicles.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve) for at least 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue blood thinning medications or supplements (multivitamin, Vitamin E/A, Fish Oil, Aspirin) one week prior to treatment unless you are taking them for a medical condition.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking the day before treatment.
- Increase fluid intake the day prior to the procedure and day of the procedure to ensure you are hydrated for the blood draw.
- Please eat a normal breakfast and/or lunch the day of your PRP treatment and try to eat a snack before you come.
- Feel free to wash your hair the morning of the PRP treatment.
- You may have your hair colored up to 3 days prior to treatment
Do not use any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
• Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
• Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and smoking the day before PRP treatment.